Thursday 12 April 2012

OPI Pirouette My Whistle and Don't Touch My Tutu Swatches and Review

A quick post because I'm nearing the end of my hell week at school. I was swamped with so much work I didn't have much time for anything else. Thankfully I'll be much freer after today is over!

Anyhoos, I'm guessing everyone has already heard of the OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades Spring Collection 2012, so I won't do a rehash. After checking out swatches by Let Them Have Polish, I was utterly convinced that I needed Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle in my life. I didn't buy the other colours because I didn't think they would have suited my skintone, which has very warm, yellowish undertones.

A day ago, I decided to try on Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle and couldn't stop staring at my nails after that! The combination of Don't Touch My Tutu's sheer white jelly finish and Pirouette My Whistle, which contains pearlescent hex glitters and small silver glitters suspended in a clear base, really looks like Lynnderella Snow Angel (which I don't have). Based on swatches I found, I figured that it probably looks even prettier than Snow Angel because of the tiny silver glitters! Pirouette My Whistle looks similar to Nubar Moon Drops too, but it is more delicate as the round glitter is silver and smaller than Moon Drops' slightly larger green/silver/blue round glitter. I don't own it though, so I can't compare the two.

Many bloggers have already swatched Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle in combination, so I thought I'd do something a little different. First I did three coats of Don't Touch My Tutu for all nails and two coats of Pirouette My Whistle. I added another thin coat of Don't Touch My Tutu for my pinkie to get the jelly sandwich look. Then I suddenly remembered that I had an beaded bracelet on hand and decided to play around with it.


Look at the jelly sandwich - I really love it! It's not very obvious in the photos, but it's amazingly pretty in real life because the hex glitters appear white and the silver glitters glimmer through the milky, translucent layer on top.

Anyway, I love the combination of Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle. It looks so sweet and delicate - perfect for days when you prefer something more neutral and feminine with a hint of sparkle. I have few pastel/neutral shades because I love more intense colours, but this collection is definitely worth investing in. I hope I've convinced you of that, at least. We nail polish addicts who blog aim to be lemming creators ;)

EDIT: I was walking outside today and the sun was extremely bright. My mani looked so awesome that I had to snap a photo with my iPhone!



Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .